- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Fox is taking a bigger bite out of Bob’s Burgers.
The network has ordered nine additional scripts for the animated comedy’s second season, an announcement made before a standing room only audience at Comic Con Friday. Fans in hall 23 were also given bunny ears and themed placemats (pictured right).
In its first season, Burgers has performed particularly well with the otherwise elusive male 18 to 34 demo. In fact, with the exception of American Idol, Family Guy and The Simpsons, it’s this year’s top-rated broadcast series in the demo, according to the Nielsen Company.
The series, created by Loren Bouchard, is part of Fox’s popular animation block, which will add both Napoleon Dynamite and Allen Gregory to its schedule this coming season.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Full Monty
‘The Full Monty’ Star Hugo Speer Says He Was Dropped From Disney+ Spinoff After Runner Saw Him Naked in Trailer
Neil Patrick Harris Says Filming for ‘Uncoupled’ Season 2 Is “on Pause” Due to Writers Strike
Writers Guild Members Get Candid About What Makes This Writers Strike Different Than Previous Ones: “We’re Mad”
The Good Fight
Script to Scene: ‘The Good Fight’ Scribes Detail the Paramount+ Drama’s Final Moments
The Good Wife
Hollywood Flashback: ‘The Good Wife’ Won Showrunners Robert and Michelle King Their First Case