- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox has ordered a new reality pilot from about conquering your fears.
In “Panic Attack,” contestants face their greatest fears — such as heights, snakes, tight spaces — with the help of two therapists.
“Panic Attack” will
be hosted by Nik and Eva Speakman — married psychotherapists and motivational speakers who host a series called “A Life Coach Less Ordinary” in the UK. Each week five people who suffer from the same phobia will be brought together to work together through a week of conquering their fears.
The series is produced by Arthur Smith and Kent Weed.
“Panic Attack” is the latest in a series of reality projects in the works around town that mark a return to the earlier, more intense adrenalin-based ideas in reality TV that were in vogue during the genre’s formative years. Michael Bay is shopping an action-based series with the Magical Elves and Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are crafting an action-adventure reality
show pilot for TNT called “The Great Escape.”
(And yes, that’s a photo of the hosts, from their Web site).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day