- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is adding to its relatively small slate of potential comedies for the 2016-17 season, ordering its third single-camera sitcom pilot from sister studio 20th Century Fox Television.
The untitled project, created by actress and Red Oaks writer Laura Steinel, is a workplace comedy focused on a woman managing incompetent staffers and a new eccentric boss at a New Jersey plastics plant. It also counts HBO alum Sue Naegle as an executive producer. She’ll EP the project under her Naegle Ink banner, joined by EP and pilot director Jeff Schaffer (The League).
In addition to her work on Amazon’s Red Oaks, Steinel has appeared in the series Super Love Hero, the movie Draft Day and as narrator for Comedy Central’s Drunk History.
Fox thus far has a lot more pilot commitments on the drama front, but Steinel’s half-hour joins The Mick from John and Dave Chernin and an untitled time-travel sitcom from Julius Sharpe, Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
Steinel is repped by UTA and Principato Young.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day