- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Production only just began on Ryan Murphy’s new drama 9-1-1, but Fox isn’t wasting any time in promoting his latest broadcast series. The network unveiled the first trailer during Friday’s Game 3 of the World Series.
The one-minute spot for 9-1-1, billed as a vehicle for Angela Bassett, spends considerably more time on the two newer additions to the cast — Connie Britton, as a 911 call-center operator, and Peter Krause, as a police first responder. There’s only a brief and silent glimpse of Bassett, who plays a policewoman.
It’s a reunion for many involved. Not only is it Murphy’s first effort on Fox since Scream Queens, but both Britton and Bassett have made appearances in multiple Murphy projects. The promo also confirms that the series won’t be held for very long, come midseason. It’s premiering in January, a time generally reserved for the network’s most hyped new series (see Empire, Star and the recent X-Files event series).
9-1-1, from Murphy and frequent collaborator Brad Falchuk, is produced by 20th Century Fox Television.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day