- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox has pulled sophomore comedy Breaking In.
Beginning April 24, when Breaking In was slated to return, the network will air encores of Zooey Deschanel‘s New Girl in its place at 9:30 p.m. The repeats will follow new episodes of New Girl until May 8, when the season finale is scheduled to air.
The remaining episodes of Breaking In, which stars Christian Slater and Megan Mullally, will air at a later date.
Created by Adam F. Goldberg and Seth Gordon, the Sony TV-produced Breaking In has struggled in the ratings since it launched its second season in March, hovering around 3 million viewers. The show had originally been canceled last May, but was brought back by Fox for a slot on the midseason schedule.
The news comes after Fox officially renewed New Girl, which saw a 22 percent jump last night with the help of a Glee lead-in, for a second season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day