- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s Reality Channel is about to get more real.
In the wake of yesterday’s announcement that the company would dump its Fox Reality Channel cable brand, Fox Cable Networks is going to change the format to a spinoff of the National Geographic Channel.
The new service will be called Nat Geo Wild and is a joint venture from National Geographic Channel and Fox Cable Networks, sources confirmed.
The revamped format will launch in the spring, though it still needs to be approved by cable operators. Channel owners sign agreements with cable and satellite providers promising to provide a specific brand of content, any dramatic changes must be agreed upon.
Nat Geo has been a very successful cable network, growing its ratings year over year. The new brand will focus more strictly on wildlife coverage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day