- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Surf’s up at Fox.
The network has given script orders to The Break, a drama set in the world of Santa Cruz surfing competitions, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
From Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants writer Elizabeth Chandler, the family drama is told through the eyes of Mia Walker, a 16-year-old girl with a troubled and mysterious past who is sent to the surfing town to live with the father she’s never known. There, she must learn to navigate a culture that’s as foreign to her as her father is. The ensemble drama will chronicle the personal lives and relationships of a group of young adults in the close-knit community where surfing is everything.
Chandler, whose credits also include the Sisterhood sequel, will pen the script for ABC Studios, with Saving Grace‘s Gary Randall and Majors & Minors‘ Tim Bogart on board to executive produce via Boardwalk Entertainment.
Chandler is repped by Paradigm; Randall is with Bloom Hergott.
Editor’s note: An older version of this story reported the project in development at ABC. The drama is in the works at Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day