- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Mindy Project is getting an extra-large season.
After news of an X-Factor-induced preemption for its Oct. 23 outing, Fox has ordered an additional two episodes from the freshman comedy. That brings its first season episode count to 24.
The Mindy Project, created by star Mindy Kaling, has performed solidly for the network, recently pulling a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. With Live+7 numbers in for premiere week, its opener jumped 29 percent to a 3.0. (It’s still dropping from its New Girl lead.)
With another Mindy preemption planned for Nov. 6 election night, the extra order of episodes means that there should be fewer encores later in the year.
Fellow Tuesday freshman Ben and Kate recently received an order for six additional episodes. The network’s only other new series, The Mob Doctor, has yet to receive any additional episodes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day