- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is adding another hour of The X Factor to its primetime lineup, though it will be a repeat.
The network announced Friday that it will air one-hour encores of its sophomore series on Friday nights, starting Sept. 28, for three consecutive weeks. That means planned 8 p.m. episodes of Kitchen Nightmares will be rescheduled for later in the season.
It’s not an altogether surprising move for the competition, which saw its much-hyped season debut to a significant drop in viewers 18-49 airing against a special broadcast of NBC’s The Voice.
And this tactic is one actually employed by X Factor‘s biggest competition. NBC aired special encores of The Voice last Saturday and Wednesday.
Week to week, X Factor has been improving. Fast affiliate ratings have Thursday’s up 10 percent over last week’s demo showing, and Wednesday’s episode improved 12 percent.
Encores are currently scheduled for Sept. 28, Oct. 5 and. Oct 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day