- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Fox’s Gang Related will not be back.
The network has opted to cancel the serialized cop drama after one low-rated summer run, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The series, which starred Ramon Rodriguez, Terry O’Quinn, Jay Hernandez and RZA, bowed in May with a soft 0.9 among adults 18-49. The drama ended its 13-episode run with an average of 0.7 in the demo.
In August Fox considered bringing the series from Chris Morgan (Fast and Furious) and 20th Television back for a second season. The studio extended the options on the cast and toyed with moving the show’s filming location from Los Angeles to take advantage of tax incentives in either North Carolina, Austin or Chicago in a bid to trim costs. O’Quinn likely would not have returned.
Sources tell THR that the network only had a summer 2015 slot available for Gang Related and ultimately deemed the show too serialized to work well in the typically low-rated viewing period.
Of Fox’s 2013-14 freshman class, only one drama — Sleepy Hollow — will return.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Vanderpump Rules’ Boss on Scandoval Revelations in Post-Reunion Interview: “We Wouldn’t Have Told the Full Story Without It”
‘Ted Lasso’ Star Brendan Hunt on Hints of a Ted and Rebecca Romance in Season 3, Possible Spinoff: “Everything Is Possible”
The Young and the Restless
Molly Wolveck, Mother of ‘Young and the Restless’ Star Kate Linder, Dies at 98