- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following the drama’s big win at the Golden Globes, France 2 has acquired Mr. Robot.
The French network said Tuesday it has picked up the hacker series and would air it “soon.” The company announced the acquisition on its Twitter account..
It marks the first acquisition of an NBCUniversal program under a new exclusive output deal between the national broadcaster and the production company, signed by outgoing France Televisions president Remy Pflimlin before his departure last spring. New France 2 executive director Vincent Meslet also posted the notice on Twitter.[
TF1 had previously held the NBCUniversal first-look rights in France.
The series from Sam Esmail, which beat out international juggernauts such as Game of Thrones for best series at the Globes and scored a best supporting actor trophy for Christian Slater, was a surprise hit for USA Network in the U.S. and has been building buzz ever since. The series stars Remi Malik as a hacker poised to take down the global financial system.
The deal also gives the public channel first-look rights to Jennifer Lopez’s Shades of Blue and Eva Longoria’s Telenovela, both of which premiered last week in the U.S.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day