- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
False Flag will waive on CanalPlus in France. The Israeli series, from the producers of Homeland, will be released on the French pay TV channel in 2016.
CanalPlus took TV and SVOD rights for the series ahead of its launch at MIPCOM in October. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. The series was produced by Amit Cohen and Maria Feldma at Tender Productions for Keshet in Israel.
The eight-episode spy thriller premiered at the Berlin Film Festival earlier this year and went on to win the audience award at Paris’ TV festival Series Mania.
The story was inspired by the assassination of a Palestinian radical in Dubai in 2010. In the series, the hotel releases surveillance footage and passport photos of hotel guests that are implicated in the assassination in what may be a case of mistaken identity or exposure of espionage.
Following Homeland, False Flag is being remade in the U.S. by Fox International with producer Keshet International.
Parkland and Concussion director Peter Landesman had been tapped to write the adaptation, but is no long associated with the project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day