- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The veteran actor has joined the third season of FX’s spy drama in a recurring role as a former KGB handler, the cable network announced Thursday.
He will appear in multiple episodes as Gabriel, who used to work with Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth (Keri Russell), and comes out of retirement to take back responsibility for overseeing the two KGB operatives from their previous handler, Claudia (Margo Martindale).
“We’ve been huge fans of Frank’s work for a long time, and it’s been such a pleasure getting to know Frank himself in the beginning stages of working together on the character of Gabriel,” said executive producers Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields. “We look forward to a great season together, and to what we’re sure will be a phenomenal creative collaboration.”
Langella is repped by Paradigm. He appears in three features to be released next year: 5 to 7, Driftless Area and Captain Fantastic.
The Americans returns in January. Production began this week.
The casting comes three months after Weisberg and Fields inked a two-year overall deal at FX, ensuring that they remain with The Americans while also developing other shows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day