- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
All three have transitioned from TV sketch comedy into film, with Wiig perhaps the biggest star following the roaring success of Bridesmaids.
If they were to make SNL departures, then castmate Fred Armisen would support the show exodus.
“I would feel sad — I love them, they’re my family,” the comedian told THR on Monday, at the party for the Tribeca Film Festival premiere of the Jenna Fischer dramedy The Giant Mechanical Man.
“I’ve known them a long time. But I would say it’s time. I’d be happy for them because they’re doing what they want to do.” As for Wiig and Samberg, he said, “They’re both smart and intuitive and talented, so we’ll always, always be together.”
Armisen said nothing was confirmed yet regarding potential exits.
In a recent interview on Alec Baldwin‘s podcast Here’s the Thing, Wiig acknowledged that her SNL contract was expiring but said she didn’t know her future.
“I will say that when I do leave it’s not because I’m sick of it and not because I see something better or anything like that,” she said. “It’s just that it’s time. When I do leave, it will be the hardest thing. I mean, you know. You’re there for a week and on Saturday night you’re sad because you leave these people.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day