- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Connected is an adaptation of an Israeli reality series set in New York City. It is expected to premiere in the U.S. in March 2015 on the AOL On Network. AOL has exclusive rights to the series in U.S. and Canada.
“It is an exciting time to be a content creator,” said Nate Hayden, AOL vp originals and branded entertainment, “and we are thrilled to share the unique voice of Connected with a worldwide audience.”
Connected was first aired in Israel in 2009, where it remains a highly rated series. It chronicles the lives of six disconnected New Yorkers as they explore what it means to be a family in the city.
Connected will be produced for AOL by Israeli company Koda Communications, in association with Warrior Poets.
AOL has done 50 original series, but this is the first long-form.
UPDATED 1/20 9:16 a.m. AOL provided corrected information to its original announcement, that Connected will follow the lives of six people not five.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day