- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fresh Off the Boat is riffing on a classic.
The Hollywood Reporter’s exclusive look at the ABC comedy’s key art sees Randall Park, Constance Wu and Hudson Yang channeling Grant Wood‘s American Gothic painting, pitchfork and all. The oft-parodied piece originally symbolized hard work and domesticity, and this Taiwanese family is clearly taking on the American dream with a lighter touch.
Inspired by Eddie Huang‘s best-selling memoir, the Nahnatchka Khan comedy follows the hip-hop-loving 11-year-old (Yang) and his family as they move from Washington, D.C.’s Chinatown to suburban Orlando in 1995 — the setting of a culture clash as they open a Western-themed restaurant. The show’s cast also includes Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen, with Huang providing voiceover narration.
Fresh Off the Boat premieres Feb. 4, before its Tuesday-night time slot premiere Feb. 10. Khan, Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar are executive producers, and Huang is producer. The series is produced by 20th Century Fox Television.
See the key art below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show