- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress who was originally cast as Will Smith‘s aunt on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has a major axe to grind with the actor.
“There will never be a reunion … as I will never do anything with an a–hole like Will Smith,” said Hubert, who portrayed Vivian Banks from the 1990 debut season through 1993.
Daphne Reid replaced Hubert on the show, which also starred Alfonso Ribeiro, Tatyana Ali, Karyn Parsons and James Avery. The cast, sans Hubert, reunited for a get-together last week, and Smith posted a group photo on his Facebook page.
“He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up,” Hubert sniped of Smith. “This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn’t know the word.”
Hubert’s feud with Smith goes way back: the two butted heads on the set of the series, and in a 1993 radio interview, Smith remarked: “She has basically gone from a quarter of a million dollars a year to nothing. She’s mad now but she’s been mad all along. She said once, ‘I’ve been in the business for 10 years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show.’ No matter what, to her I’m just the AntiChrist.”
A representative for Smith did not immediately respond to arequest for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day