- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fuse is ready for some funny business.
The music-leaning cable net has picked up a half-hour man-on-the-street-style game show from Funny or Die featuring comedian Billy Eichner.
The weekly series, premiering Dec. 22 at 11 p.m., will feature Eichner quizzing New York residents in a fast-paced pop culture trivia as he walks the city streets in the part game show, part comedy Funny or Die’s Billy on the Street.
The project marks the third TV project for Funny or Die, joining HBO’s Funny or Die Presents and Comedy Central’s Jon Benjamin Has a Van.
Eichner, a regular on New York’s improv circuit, created his man on the street videos as part of his live shows in which he asks people their opinions on politics and pop culture.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring Billy Eichner’s unique personality to Fuse in this hilarious music game show from the streets of New York,” Fuse senior vp programming and operations Brad Schwartz said. “Contestants might think they know pop culture, but they have no idea what’s in store. Look out pedestrians; I’m a little nervous for you.”?
Funny or Die president of production Mike Farah, Eichner and Krysia Plonka are executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day