- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FX is sticking with Louis C.K.
The cable network, which will premiere the third season of the comedian’s half-hour comedy Louie next month, will air the stand-up’s special, Louis C.K. Live at the Beacon Theatre on Saturday, May 12 at 10 p.m.
The special, which was released Dec. 10, 2011, as a one-hour special and streamed online through his website for $5, grossed more than $1 million in the 11 days following its release. Louis C.K. donated a hefty sum of the proceeds to charity.
The comedian’s business model has been widely imitated since with Aziz Ansari and Jim Gaffigan following suit.
Louis C.K. wrote, directed, edited and exec produced the special, which was produced by Pig Newton Inc., with Dave Becky on board as an EP and M. Blair Breard as producer.
Season 3 of FX’s Louie will premiere Thursday, June 28 at 10:30 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day