- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The project will be adapted by David Zuckerman (“Family Guy”) for the network, with Jason Gann, who co-created and starred in the Aussie version, in the lead. The live action comedy is about a girl, her dog Wilfred and her boyfriend, Adam — except only Adam can see that Wilfred is actually a man dressed in a blatant dog costume.
“Wilfred is about a guy, the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred, who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender,” said Zuckerman. “Jason Gann is one of the funniest, most twisted minds I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, despite being a foreigner and therefore untrustworthy. And I’m thrilled to be part of the FX family — their support and enthusiasm has been extraordinary.”
Executive producers: Rich Frank, Paul Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park (“Royal Pains”), and Joe Connor and Ken Conner of Renegade, producers of the Australian version of Wilfred. Gann will serve as Co-Executive Producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day