- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FX is happy with its late night stable.
Network EVP of original programming Nick Grad announced Tuesday that Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell will return for a second season just two weeks after the current one concludes on Sept. 30.
The next seven-episode cycle, produced by Chris Rock and starring political commentator and comedian Bell, will air at a new time (11:30 p.m.) and air after the previously renewed BrandX with Russell Brand. The current run has aired at 11 p.m. in the spot occupied by Brand earlier in the summer.
“What we’ve seen through five shows only reinforces our belief that Kamau is one of the sharpest, smartest and funniest young comedians in the business,” said Grad. “He brings an interesting perspective to late-night TV and has proven to be very comfortable in this format. That, coupled with the experience that Chris Rock and Chuck Skylar bring to the show, makes this order an easy decision.”
Bell and Brand, together, will continue to air on Thursdays, starting Oct. 11.
“I’m very excited and looking forward to working with the good people at FX,” added Rock. “Please don’t tell Rupert Murdoch.”
FX Productions will continue to produce the series, with Rock, Bell and Sklar serving as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day