- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The half-hour comedy series has been picked up for 13 more episodes, the cable network announced Thursday. Production on the new season will begin next summer, with the new season set to launch in the fall.
“The League is flat out one of the funniest shows on television,” said Nick Grad, executive vp original programming. “Co-creators Jeff and Jackie Schaffer have such a perfect take on the material, and the show has an amazingly talented ensemble cast of stars. Another season was an easy decision, and we hope to have it on our schedule for many more years to come.”
The current season has been averaging 1.63 million viewers, with 1.45 million among adults 18-49. With encores, season four has averaged 2.43 million viewers and nearly 2.1 million in the adult demo.
The League follows a group of friends in a fantasy football league.
It closes out season four Thursday with back-to-back episodes beginning at 10:30 p.m. on FX.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day