- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Olympic Final Five were missing the fifth member of their gold-winning team when they took the stage at Sunday night’s MTV Video Music Awards.
Simone Biles, Madison Kocian, Aly Raisman and ?Laurie Hernandez presented the award for best female video to Beyonce, but not before giving Gabby Douglas a shoutout from the podium. Douglas missed the show due to “medical issues” and was hospitalized on Sunday.
“The fifth member of our team, Gabby Douglas, is having medical issues and couldn’t be with us tonight,” Biles said onstage.
Hours before the show kicked off, Douglas posted a photo of herself resting in bed on Instagram with the caption, “Out of the hospital & resting comfortably.”
Her rep told Page Six, “Gabby is back in the hospital tonight being treated for a seriously infected past mouth injury. She continues to have deep swelling and adverse reactions to medications.”
Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps was on hand to present at the MTV VMAs earlier in the night.
A photo posted by Gabby Douglas (@gabbycvdouglas) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day