- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gallagher, a comedian known for smashing watermelons during his comedy act, was hospitalized on Wednesday evening after suffering a heart attack at a bar, TMZ reports. He was scheduled to perform that night.
The 65-year-old, whose real name is Leo Anthony Gallagher Jr., was heading toward the stage at the Texas bar with another person when he suddenly collapsed. He was taken to a hospital close by.
Gallagher’s manager told TMZ that he had suffered a “mild to serious” heart attack and will be hospitalized for the next several days.
The comedian had suffered a minor heart attack one year ago while onstage performing in Minnesota.
According to Gallagher’s official website, he was scheduled to perform in Lewisville, TX on Wednesday before heading off to El Paso and Woodlands, TX in the next two days. The comedian had dates listed until December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant