- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Galyn Görg, a dancer and actress who appeared on such shows as Twin Peaks and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and in films including Point Break and RoboCop 2, has died. She was 55.
Görg died in a hospital in Hawaii on Tuesday — one day before her birthday — of cancer, her agent Sheila Legette said.
Görg starred as police detective Leora Maxwell on the 1994-95 Fox sci-fi drama M.A.N.T.I.S., co-created by Sam Raimi, and played Nancy O’Reilly, the sister of One Eyed Jacks madam Blackie O’Reilly (Victoria Catlin), on three episodes of ABC’s Twin Peaks in 1990.
And on a 1996 installment of NBC’s The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, she portrayed a woman named Helena who KOs Will Smith in a boxing ring.
A native of Los Angeles, Görg appeared in the popular 1983 music video for the ZZ Top song “Sharp Dressed Man” and a year later danced on NBC’s Fame.
She went on to appear on The A-Team, Jake and the Fatman, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Lost, Parks and Recreation and How to Get Away With Murder and in films including Storyville (1992) and The Wrong Friend (2018).
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help her family with expenses. Görg was not married and had no children.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day