- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones grad Richard Madden is headed to Amazon.
The actor formerly known as Robb Stark will star in the streaming service’s drama Strange New Things.
Based on the book The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber, Amazon’s pilot follows a priest who is sent into space to help found a new colony but what he ends up discovering not only puts his faith to the test but life as we know it. The pilot is set to be written and executive produced by Matt Charman (Bridge of Spies) and produced by Andy Harries (Strike Back) and Lila Rawlings (Left Bank Productions) with Kevin MacDonald (The Last King of Scotland) on board to direct. The drama is an Amazon Studios and Left Bank Productions co-production.
Madden will play the lead role of Peter, a soulful, intense priest with a history.
The role marks his latest TV gig following Discovery limited series Klondike and features Bastille Day, Cinderella and London’s West End production of Romeo and Juliet opposite Lily James.
Madden is repped by WME and Troika.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day