- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones has made its first big cast addition to the fourth season.
A HBO rep confirms that the drama has tapped Chilean actor Pedro Pascal to play Prince Oberyn Martell, as first reported by EW. Also referred to in the George R.R. Martin books as “The Red Viper,” Martell arrives in King’s Landing during the fourth season from the Dorne — a previously unseen peninsula in the seven kingdoms of Westeros.
Martell’s sister Elia was murdered by Gregor Clegane (Ian Whyte) during the Robert Baratheon and the Lannisters’ overthrowing of Mad King Aerys. Clegane, still alive, has not seen since the second season.
Pascal has been adding multiple credits to his TV résumé of late. In addition to arcs on Graceland and Red Widow, he also has appeared on Nikita, Body of Proof and The Good Wife.
Pascal is repped by Innovative Artists and Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day