- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exclu: HBO’s fantasy epic “Game of Thrones” has cast a new series regular: Aidan Gillen will play the scheming Littlefinger on the show.
Gillen is familiar to HBO viewers as Councilman Thomas ‘Tommy’ Carcetti on the network’s “The Wire.” He was also on “Queer as Folk” and in the movie “Shanghai Knights.”
Also, got some new “Thrones” information following up on my “Who’s NOT Going to Comic-Con” post. The latest is that HBO will not have a new trailer at the “True Blood” panel, for pretty much the reason hardcore fans tracking the show already know about — production on the series and pilot reshoots begin after Comic-Con.
Some fans have wrung their hands over the reshoots. In this case, obsessive pilot tweaking is less of a sign of trouble and more an indication that the network really wants to get this right. When you’re creating a whole fantasy universe from a hit book series, you can end up with 20 opinions about what a chair looks like.
The production delay so far isn’t impacting “Thrones” premiere date plans. HBO is still thinking the show could debut as early as next spring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day