- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones’ Catelyn Stark is rising from the dead. Well, sort of.
On the drama from executive producers Michele Fazekas, Tara Butters and Aaron Zelman, Fairley will recur as Margaret Langston, the formidable matriarch of the Langston clan. She’s Henry and Fred’s (Kurtwood Smith and Matt Craven) mother who has been dead for more than three decades. The character will reappear in Arcadia as one of “the returned,” bringing with her knowledge of the Langston family’s dark past — one that she is determined to keep hidden. Her return will have consequences for the entire family.
The gig on Resurrection, which stars Omar Epps,marks her latest small-screen role since her beloved Game of Thrones character was (spoiler alert!) shockingly killed off during season three of the HBO fantasy drama. Her subsequent roles have been on USA Network’s Suits and Fox’s 24: Live Another Day, in which she had a season-long arc.
Fairley is repped by Paradigm and Creative Artists Management in the U.K. Resurrection returns on Sunday, Sept. 28 at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day