- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones is introducing another member of the Tarly family this coming season.
UnREAL alum Freddie Stroma has signed on to play Samwell’s brother, Dickon, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Little is known about Dickon from George R.R. Martin’s novels, except that he is Sam’s (John Bradley-West) younger and more physically capable brother. Sam was last seen in the fifth season leaving Castle Black with Gilly (Hannah Murray) for Oldtown to study to become a maester. So far, the series has yet to introduce their father, Lord Randyll Tarly.
Stroma joins a cast of new faces for season six that includes Ian McShane, The Borgias alum Pilou Asbæk and Max von Sydow.
The actor is coming off of the reality TV skewering drama UnREAL, on which he played Everlasting suitor Adam. The drama has been renewed for a second season, but there is no deal in place yet for Stroma to reprise his role as Rachel’s on-and-off love interest. However, Stroma told THR in July that he was hopeful Adam would return for season two in some capacity.
Stroma’s other credits include the final three Harry Potter films. He is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
The new season of Game of Thrones is expected to premiere sometime in 2016 on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery