- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Monday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the host announced that Game of Thrones producers gave him Harington’s original audition tape, which shines a light on other characters he could have become.
In the “never-before-seen Kit Harington screen tests,” Harington tried his hand at Cersei Lannister first, clad in a blonde wig and holding a wine goblet. “In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to have sex with my brother,” said Harington, doing his best Lena Headey impression.
In his next take, Harington did his best Arya Stark impression, and then, of course, Ygritte, who delivered the well-known line “You know nothing, Jon Snow.” He even shot an arrow straight at the cameraman.
He also donned a white wig and beard to play Hodor, and long braids to become Daenerys Targaryen. His Harry Potter pitch might have been his strongest, however.
Game of Thrones returns to HBO on July 17.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day