- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
[WARNING: Spoilers ahead for last Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones, “The Lion and the Rose”]
Where does Game of Thrones go after last Sunday’s shocker?
Director Alex Graves, who helmed both the Purple Wedding episode and the upcoming installment, says Sunday is the beginning of bigger things to come.
“Episode three is in part an aftermath episode, where you settle and everything takes a turn toward the second half of the season,” Graves tells The Hollywood Reporter.
There’s not much else Graves could reveal, but he does tease the episode contains “one of the best speeches in the series.” Last week, the director told THR Joffrey’s death would reverberate throughout the rest of the season.
“Joffrey’s death is a beginning. Ned Stark’s death was not an end — it was a beginning. It’s when the show began,” he said. “All the deaths are like that, and Joffrey’s is no different. Joffrey’s death affects the show through to the climax.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day