- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sean Bean is going from Missing to Legends.
From Homeland executive producer Howard Gordon, Legends — which originally was for NBC — follows deep-cover operative Martin Odum (Bean), who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. But his own identity comes into question when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t who he thinks he is.
Gordon, Jeffrey Nachmanoff (The Day After Tomorrow), Alexander Cary (Homeland) and Jonathan Levin (Charmed) developed the project based on the book from spy novelist Robert Littell. David Semel will direct and executive produce the Fox 21 project.
Bean steps into the role after the Mummy star exited the production in November, citing creative differences with Gordon.
“Brendan is an incredible actor, and we have wanted to work with him for a very long time,” Fox 21 president Bert Salke said at the time. “While this particular project may not have been the right fit, we are excited to develop cable properties with him that will showcase his amazing talent.”
Bean is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day