- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The HBO hit will film portions of season six in the country, the network announced Wednesday. Spain has been an important location in season five, with the country serving as the setting for Dorne, a land newly introduced this year.
Filming will take place in the cities of Girona and Peniscola. For season five, the show shot in Osuna and Seville, with the latter city reporting tourism had increased fifteen percent as a result of the show. Thousands of extras applied last year when a casting call went out in Spain.
See more Game of Thrones’: 25 Best Quotes
What does the Spain shoot tell viewers about season six? Likely, it means that we’ll be spending more time in Dorne. With two episodes left in the season, Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) and Bronn (Jerome Flynn) remain imprisoned in Dorne, with a tense political situation making it possible Dorne could go to war against the Iron Throne.
More specifics on the shooting locations are to be announced as production nears.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day