- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO’s Game of Thrones has broken its own record.
The newly released trailer for season six — which may or may not confirm Jon Snow’s fate — has been viewed 30 million times within its first 24 hours. That is a record for HBO — and it breaks the previous high of 27 million set by, you guessed it, Game of Thrones’ season four trailer.
The record should come as little surprise as season six of the fantasy drama is the first time that Thrones will bypass George R.R. Martin’s books that serve as the basis for the series. Season five ended on a massive cliffhanger, with Snow (Kit Harrington) left for dead. The fan-favorite character has been at the center of the marketing campaign for season six as his fate continues to be disputed. After months of rumors and speculation, Harrington recently confirmed that he is filming season six of Game of Thrones — but allegedly only as a corpse. The trailer, naturally, leaves that open for debate.
Rewatch the trailer, above, and check out THR‘s deep dive analysis, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day