- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Game of Thrones returns, winter will be here, and not for the first time. Westeros is prone to seemingly endless amounts of snowfall, lasting years upon years before any signs of summer. We’re at the start of such a period right now on Thrones, as season seven promises a snowstorm so severe that even Eddard Stark (Sean Bean) would require a few extra robes to withstand the weather, were he still alive.
Whoever occupies the role — Jon, Dany, probably-not-Beric, whoever — here’s one thing we do know: Azor Ahai is coming in some way, shape or form. We know this, at least in part, because of an official photo (pictured at the top of this article) that shows Gilly (Hannah Murray) reading from an ancient text, which just so happens to contain the ancient name. With the White Walkers on the warpath and a second Long Night looming, it’s not a question of whether or not some Azor Ahai representative will emerge to win the war against winter — it’s just a question of which character, or characters, will be holding the proverbial blazing sword.
Game of Thrones returns July 16. Keep checking THR.com/GameofThrones for theories, news, interviews and more all season long.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day