- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones is better known for making fans cringe and cry than laugh out loud.
But there’s something about the bleak HBO show that lends itself quite well to the creation of hilarious memes. Or perhaps the week’s wait between episodes just makes fans crack and this is the result.
Either way, below, find this week’s top five Game of Thrones memes, and check back next week when The Hollywood Reporter will choose another batch.
1. Game of Thrones gets the Friends treatment. Who would’ve thought Bran getting tossed out a window or Ned Stark having his head chopped off could ever seem so … uplifting? The Rembrandts really do make everything better. Via YouTube.
2. Daenerys schools the slavemaster, via victorianhooker.
3. And that’s why you don’t call a lady bad names, even when you think she can’t understand you. Via piccadillyl.
4. And this is the moment Jorah Mormont knew everything was going to be all right. Via baddroid.
5. Not technically a meme, but this comic brings up a good point about the business dealings in King’s Landing. Via @Azad_Injejikian.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day