- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
U.K. actress Maisie Williams — better known as Arya Stark from HBO’s Game of Thrones — is set to play a victim of cyberbullying in a new real-time thriller commissioned by U.K. broadcaster Channel 4 and announced Thursday.
Said to be inspired by dozens of real-life cases, Cyber Bully is due to air next year and will follow in the same format as recent feature film Locke, taking place in one single location. Williams will star as Casey Jacobs, a teenage girl battling with an anonymous internet stalker.
“The audience will be trapped with Casey for a full screen hour and we need an exceptional actress to play her,” said BAFTA award-winning director Ben Chanan in a statement. “I couldn’t imagine anyone else in the role. Maisie Williams is not only remarkably talented, she also has an immediately likeable, feisty screen presence which makes you root for her instinctively.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day