- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays the devious Jaime Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones, will star opposite Jessica Chastain in Mama, a Guillermo del Toro-executive produced horror movie being distributed by Universal.
The movie tells the story of a couple – Chastain and Coster-Waldau – who take in their long-lost young nieces and nephews. The kids were found after living in the forest for five years but now murderous events begin to unfold and it becomes clear that a supernatural force is intent on claiming the kids.
Andres Muschietti is directing, expanding the story he first told in his 2008 Spanish-language short. Neil Cross rewrote the script based on an original draft by Muschietti and his sister-partner Barbara Muschietti.
Miles Dale and Barbara Muschietti are producing. The movie will begin shooting October 3 in Toronto.
Coster-Waldau, repped by WME and Impression Entertainment, is also starring in the hot Scandinavian crime thriller Headhunters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day