- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Purple Wedding is over and lines are being drawn in the sand on Game of Thrones.
Writer Bryan Cogman tells The Hollywood Reporter Sunday’s upcoming episode was incredibly challenging to crack.
“It’s the most difficult episode I’ve written,” he says. He adds that for one of the aspiring rulers of Westeros, the episode presents them with an opportunity to decide what type of leader they would like to become.
Cogman has scripted some of the series most-discussed scenes to date, so the fact that this episode was the toughest he’s faced has us intrigued. Among the key scenes Cogman previously scripted are the bathtub scene between Jaime and Brienne last season, and season one’s introduction to Sam.
For more from the upcoming episode, read our dissection of the above preview here, and see our rankings of where each character stands going into Sunday.
Previously, THR spoke with director Alex Graves, who went into detail about The Purple Wedding scene as well as last week’s controversial Jaime / Cersei rape scene.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day