- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exclu: A Garth Brooks song is becoming a two-hour Lifetime telefilm.
Inspired by the country singer’s No. 1 hit “Unanswered Prayers,” Lifetime has cast Samantha Mathis and Eric Close in the lead roles. The film centers on a man (Close) happily married to his wife (Mathis) but who must make a tough choice when his high school crush (Madchen Amick) comes to town.
“Unanswered Prayers” will premiere in November.
“Through his music, Garth Brooks is one of the greatest American storytellers ever, and we couldn’t be more excited to be working with him on adapting ‘Unanswered Prayers’ into a major original movie,” said Tanya Lopez, senior vp original movies at Lifetime. “The huge popularity of ‘Unanswered Prayers’ is proof his work touches so many people.”
Sony Pictures Television will produce the film, shot in Virginia; Brooks and Lisa Sanderson are executive producing. Emmy winner Steven Schachter directs.
Mathis, who next appears in a recurring role on HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is repped by Paradigm and Schiff Co.
Close and Amick are repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day