- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two years after wrapping his run on CBS’ CSI: NY, Gary Sinise is returning to the network to topline another spinoff.
The Emmy and Oscar winner has been tapped to topline CBS’ Criminal Minds spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The spinoff is currently set as a pilot that will shoot in mid-February and air as a planted episode in the flagship series at a later date. It focuses on the division of the FBI that helps American citizens who find themselves in trouble abroad.
Read more CBS Plots ‘Criminal Minds’ Spinoff
Sinise will star as Jack Garrett, a 20-year veteran of the bureau who is currently in charge of the FBI’s top team for handling cases involving Americans abroad.
Criminal Minds showrunner Erica Messer will pen the script and exec produce the ABC Studios and CBS Television Studios entry alongside Mark Gordon and Nick Pepper.
Since CSI: NY wrapped its nine-season and nearly 200-episode run in 2013, Sinise has focused full-time on his humanitarian work via the Gary Sinise Foundation.
Sinise, whose credits include his Oscar-nominated supporting role in Forrest Gump as well as George Wallace, Truman and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day