- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The news comes on the heels of last week’s announcement that the company will open a German production house for local-language series.
The division will be headed up by Tin Star, Hunted and Ashes to Ashes producer Alison Jackson. She will report to Gaumont vice CEO Christophe Riandee.
The U.K. office will open in August, while the German office is set to open in July.
“The opening of our U.K. and German divisions signifies the continued expansion of Gaumont and are instrumental to our plan of developing and producing TV dramas in select territories around the world,” said Gaumont CEO Sidonie Dumas.
“The U.K. has a rich heritage in creating exceptional dramas that travel the world,” said Riandee. The market will be a key driver for the company’s global growth.
Since 2007, Jackson has served as executive producer at Kudos, the production house behind Broadchurch, Humans and The Tunnel: Sabotage. As an independent producer she was behind hits There’s Only One Jimmy Grimble and Not Only But Always.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power