- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the season finale of A&E’s Gene Simmons Family Jewels Tuesday night, the KISS frontman surprised his longtime partner Shannon Tweed with a marriage proposal.
“I come with so much baggage, but you’re the only friend I’ve got, ” Simmons told Tweed while they were on vacation in Belize. “I used to watch movies where they say, ‘I can’t live without you,’ but for me it’s true.”
As the Washington Post points out, their marriage plans may be on hold after an uncomfortable interview earlier this summer on Joy Behar‘s HLN show about his infidelity.
Indeed, Tweeted Simmons after the finale aired Tuesday, “Shannon and I work on our relationship every day… One day at a time. Thanks for watching. When we figure out our lives, you will know.”
Added Tweed on Twitter: “We are taking it day by day. Stay tuned.”
They are parents to Nick, 22, and Sophie, 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day