- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is this a case of empty nest syndrome gone awry? After Gene Simmons and his partner of 28 years, Shannon Tweed, made several awkward appearances on Tuesday, the Season 7 premiere of their A&E reality series, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, premiered to steady ratings.
According to EW, the seventh season premiere on Tuesday night scored a solid 1.4 million viewers, which was similar to last season’s premiere audience in 2010.
Leading up to the premiere, the couple had been promoting the series on the talk show circuit and some wonder if the added dramatics, such as walking off The Joy Behar Show, were stunts to drum up ratings.
Stunts or not, Simmons hit Twitter to address the couple’s apparent problems. “In the end,” he tweets. “Shannon Tweed always knows what is best for this family. End of story.”
“Regardless of who is right and who is wrong,” he continues. “I will not allow anyone, not even me, to hurt my family.”
What was your take on the season premiere and the rock and roll couple’s drama?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day