- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Denton has been named CFO of global brand management company Genius Brands International.
Denton most recently served as CFO and controller for Atlys Inc., a media technology venture, and before helped restructure corporate financing at Gold Circle Films as CFO. He also served as CFO at DIC Entertainment and COO of Artisan Home Entertainment.
Denton worked alongside Genius Brands chairman and CEO Andy Heyward while at DIC Entertainment, leading up to the public company’s successful sale. He will again report to Heyward in his new role at Genius Brands, which produces, acquires and distributes digital kids’ content.
“Bob and I share a similar work ethic, and our management and leadership strategies as well as our business experiences are complementary,” said Heyward in a statement.
Genius Brands’ preschool properties include Rainbow Rangers for Nick Jr. and Llama Llama for Netflix, and the company also co-produces the adult animated series Stan Lee’s Cosmic Crusaders, with Stan Lee’s Pow! Entertainment and The Hollywood Reporter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day