- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
George Clooney tried out a cold and shiny tactic for keeping David Letterman on late-night television.
“What are you doing?” he asked the departing Late Night host on Thursday night, refusing to shift the focus by chatting about his marriage. Clooney locked Letterman’s wrist into a pair of handcuffs and threw the key into the audience. “No, no, no, no — you’re not going anywhere, David Letterman!”
When Letterman told the Tomorrowland star that he, too, was not going anywhere, Clooney responded jokingly: “That’s true — I hadn’t thought that through. It could make for an awkward evening — or, who knows …”
Clooney continued, “Here’s the thing — I’ve been at home and watched you in my underwear, and there’s not many men I’ve watched in my underwear. … What you’ve meant to us, all of us, with so many of the laughs, but also the moments like walking us through times we didn’t know what to do, like 9/11, and when we weren’t sure what we could laugh at.
“You may be going off the air, but you belong to us for the ages, my friend.”
Watch the videos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy