- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Katie Couric subbed in for Robin Roberts on Good Morning America last week, media gossiphounds immediately pitted the two women against each other while Couric’s much-hyped stint set off a “code red” on the always-intense morning show wars.
“How can I grade Katie Couric? She’s done it for so many years! So well, for so many years,” Stephanopoulos declared on the red carpet at the party for THR‘s 35 Most Powerful People in Media. “It was a lot of fun to work with her. She had not lost a step in six years off. And you know, I just feel so blessed. Because I get to work with Katie Couric for a week, and then go back to my regular partner, the superb Robin Roberts. And it’s a great privilege to be able to sit next to her every day.”
As it happens, all three made THR‘s media-powerful list alongside Couric’s ex-Today partners Matt Lauer, Ann Curry and producer Jim Bell. Couric, who recently joined ABC News after leaving her job as CBS Evening News anchor, is set to launch her buzzy new daytime show, called Katie, in September. It will be run by former NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Zucker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day