- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
George Takei is headed to Fresh Off the Boat.
The Star Trek actor will guest star in the ABC comedy as Bernard, a charming ESL instructor for whom Grandma Huang (Lucille Soong) has a sweet spot.
Fresh Off the Boat will return for its fourth season on Oct. 3. Takei’s episode is shooting on the Fox lot this week and will air in late October during a Halloween-themed episode. The single-camera comedy hails from 20th Century Fox TV and is exec produced by Nahnatchka Khan, Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar.
Best known for playing the helmsman of the Starship Enterprise in Star Trek, Takei hosts the AARP-produced YouTube series Takei’s Take, in which he explores the world of technology, trends, current events and pop culture. In addition, on his own YouTube channel, Takei and his husband, Brad, bring viewers into their personal life in the “heightened reality” web series It Takeis Two.
Takei’s other TV credits include guest appearances on Hawaii Five-0, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, Miami Vice, MacGyver, The Big Bang Theory, Psych, 3rd Rock From the Sun and Will & Grace.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day