- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Freeform is adding an original competition series to its mix of holiday programming.
The Disney-owned cable network has started production on Wrap Battle, a six-episode series that aims to determine the best gift-wrapper in America. Sheryl Underwood (The Talk) will host, with Carson Kressley (Get a Room) and Wanda Wen — founder of stationery and luxury paper brand Soolip — serving as judges.
Guest judges include Broadway producer Candy Spelling — the widow of producer Aaron Spelling, known for having a room just for gift wrapping in their Los Angeles mansion — Sandra Lee, Good Trouble‘s Sherry Cola, Grown-ish‘s Diggy Simmons, Lala Kent and designer Sabrina Soto
The winner will receive $50,000 and a chance to design their own custom holiday wrapping paper to be sold at Paper Source stores. They also will get to showcase their talent at a holiday installation at The SoNo Collection in Connecticut.
The series is set to premiere in the winter. Freeform annually puts forth a bonanza of holiday programming in December as part of its 25 Days of Christmas branding.
Wrap Battle comes from Michael Levitt Productions, with Levitt (Skin Wars, My Life on the D-List) executive producing along with Jill Goularte and Colleen Sands.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day